Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fearless Finds: Rocket Drive Inn

Fearless Finds: Rocket Drive Inn -- a blast from the past burger joint in Jennings, Louisiana -- bonveillercher.blogspot.com

I love cheeseburgers!

Fearless Finds: Rocket Drive Inn -- a blast from the past burger joint in Jennings, Louisiana -- bonveillercher.blogspot.com
Not the fast food prepackaged ones. The real meat, homemade ones I found at my new favorite place, the Rocket Drive Inn. This great find is as old as me. No wonder we connected the first time I sat on the coolest red picnic tables, covered with the scratchings of years gone by. 

The atmosphere is so vintage even my seventeen year old son put down his iPhone and dug into his cheeseburger and fries. I knew I had to take Lexi, a fellow cheeseburger lover, and share this literal blast from the past.

We each ordered a cheeseburger, an extra large drink, and one order of homemade onion rings to share for about $14. Not bad for a quick daycation to the 1960’s. Now we can’t wait for summer to head back for some homemade Rocket ice cream (the cold kept us from enjoying some this trip).

Fearless Finds: Rocket Drive Inn -- a blast from the past burger joint in Jennings, Louisiana -- bonveillercher.blogspot.com
I for one am truly grateful to the owner, Joann Leger, for keeping this little piece of nostalgic heaven available for all to enjoy. Next time you’re in Jennings, stop by 1118 State Street or call 337-824-2120 for more info.

If the Rocket Drive Inn happens to be a favorite of yours or you take our advice and try it out, let us know! We'd love to hear about your little visit to the past.





1 comment:

  1. I am from Jennings and the Rocket Drive In has been a staple in my family for years. Not only is the food amazing but you can't beat the prices. They also have yummy corn nuggets and broccoli bites.

    ReplyDelete