Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fearless Finds: Fleur De Lis Candles


Fearless Finds: Fleur De Lis Candles -- hand poured candles with full scents and unique names like Monkey Farts and Lick Me All Over! | bonveillercher.blogspot.com

Ever wonder what a monkey fart smells like? Well during my drives to work I kept hearing about a candle shop in Lafayette, and what really got my attention were the names of the candles like Monkey Farts and Oilfield Trash. I love candles and thought to myself, “I have to smell a Monkey Fart!!” So that’s the first thing I did upon arriving at Fleur De Lis Candles.
Fearless Finds: Fleur De Lis Candles of Lafayette, Louisiana -- hand poured candles with full scents and unique names like Monkey Farts and Lick Me All Over! | bonveillercher.blogspot.com

But I didn’t stop there. I smelt Butt Naked and Cajun Hot Flash and King Cake and so many others! The names are so unique and fun, some are even customer-created. But walking around the shop I noticed that most of the candles and wax melts are primarily white in color, and that made me wonder why. We were told that the candles are made with fewer petroleum by-products which is where the color comes from, so for cleaner burning, they opt for fewer colored candles.

This brings us to how it all got started. The owners were searching for an affordable, eco-friendly candle that didn’t skimp on scent, so when they couldn’t find any locally, they did the research and began creating and selling their own out of their snow cone stand. Now they’re located at 3816 West Congress Street, Suite 3 in Lafayette, Louisiana, and all candles are created and hand-poured onsite.

Another unique service they offer is they will pour a candle in whatever container you bring them. The owner told us they’ve seen everything from Ragu to baby food jars, and they’ll cut the price down for your recycling efforts! Most custom candles can be done within 24 hours.
Fearless Finds: Fleur De Lis Candles of Lafayette, Louisiana -- hand poured candles with full scents and unique names like Monkey Farts and Lick Me All Over! | bonveillercher.blogspot.com
We actually got to have a sneak sniff of their newest scent, Bunny Burps! Everyone is going to love it!

This is a must-stop for all candle lovers. Believe me, you won’t leave empty-handed! We went last week, and I have already been through three cubes of my Mardi Gras wax melts! I am loving the scent! It smells great but isn’t overwhelmingly strong.

As we were checking out, Lexi got a text from her Granny asking if they had a Kettle Corn scent. That’s one scent they don’t have, but they wrote it down and will hopefully be working to create one! Maybe we will even be able to create the name for it!



For more information check out their website fleurdeliscandles.com, like them on Facebook, or call 337-534-8865.


No comments:

Post a Comment